Green’s Alliance for Conservation of Eastern Ghats (GrACE)
Conservation of Eastern Ghats as one of the World’s Natural Heritage and Ecological Treasure
GrACE endeavors to promote consciousness, eco-resilience and positive action for cause of Eastern Ghats protection.
Aiming ecological balance and cognizing the invaluable ecosystem services of the hill ranges, GrACE strives for the protection of these serene hills, invaluable recourses, biodiversity, sustenance and survival of indigenous communities and others in the region following
- To take forward National level eastern Ghats conservation programme through networking and creating synergies among individuals and organizations of all spheres of society
- Bringing national and global attention and focus for the conservation of Eastern Ghats
- Promoting positive action and eco-resilience among the communities and individuals in the region for protection of the hills and its biotic resource base
- Stocktaking of Eastern Ghats Natural heritage Natural Resources and Biodiversity
- Working for effective policy, advocacy legal, policy, governance and management framework
- To work for autonomous statutory Eastern Ghats Protection Authority
Major events and activities so far…
- Regional Convention at Andhra University (Vishakhapatnam), 19 November 2011
- Regional Convention at Nagarjuna University (Guntur) 10 March 2012
- Regional Convention at SRM University (Chennai) 30 July 2012
- National Conference at SV University (Tirupati), 4 & 5 December 2014
- National Conference at Utkal University (Bhubaneswar), 16 & 17 April 2016
- Eastern Ghats Expedition(2-9 September 2017 & 18 -25 September 2017)
- Eastern Ghats Environment Outlook
National Conference on Eastern Ghats, SV University, Tirupati
A two day national conference on 4th & 5th December 2014 conservation of Eastern Ghats was organized in collaboration with Sri Venkateshwara University. Nearly 3000 participated in the inaugural hundreds of academics, environmentalists and activists, scientists have participated throughout the deliberations and events. Papers were called on 6 sub-themes and a souvenir was published containing these abstracts
Two Day National Conference on Eastern Ghats at Utkal University
Eastern Ghats in the state of Odisha occupy a center stage in ecological, economic and socio-cultural development. In view of the significance of Eastern Ghats in the state of Odisha, a Two Day National Conference on Eastern Ghats was organized at Utkal University Bhubaneswar during 16th & 17th April 2016. The inaugural session was addressed by Hon’ble Governor of Odisha Sri S C Jamir followed messages and insights from eminent personalities i.e., Padmashri Prof P. Mohanthy- Hejmadi, Former Vice Chancellor, Sambalpur University, Prof. A.K. Das, Vice Chancellor, Utkal University and GrACE and CGR heads. A souvenir containing 100 abstracts of research was released and about 12 guest speakers spoke in 6 technical sessions plus around 50 papers were presented in the conference. A green rally was organized in the second day of the conference.
Apart from the continuous desk work and consultation, GrACE has taken up conservation expedition in October-November 2017 to have a fresh look at the status of these hill ranges. As a culmination of the seven years of its work, GrACE is bringing out “Eastern Ghats Environment Outlook-2018” to encapsulate and highlight the issues in the region. The report will be presented at a Parliamentarians Conclave on Eastern Ghats.